Sunday, June 10, 2012


What gives Winnipeg Humane Society?
Are you really interested in the welfare of animals?
I’m seriously beginning to wonder what their priorities are.
I called the Humane Society to report a litter of kittens living in an abandon house on my street. I was told and I quote, “We do not rescue feral cats.” 
Really?
The excuse I got was, they need the owner's permission to enter the premisses. I don’t think anyone owns the burnt out building and if they do, it's more then probable they don't care about the building or the cats.
Just the hell is it they do?
Rescue animals in distress.
If these kittens are not in need of “rescuing” then I have no idea what  is meant by animals in distress.
It's close to impossiable to get within five feet of them, I inquired about trapping them. I was told the Humane Society does  not provide traps, that I would have to call Animal Services and pay 80 bucks to rent a trap for one week.
Well that will accomplish jack n’ shit considering there are 4 kittens. 
Ok lets do some math here, lets say it takes four weeks to catch the kittens, that would would be 320 dollars. 
That s expensive for a person earning minim wage.

Honestly if the Winnipeg Humane Society can afford a brand new multi million dollar building that is in the middle of no where. Not easily accessible to people without cars, I cannot see what the issue is rescuing these kittens.
This situation is absolutely disgusting, and brings to light again how much of donated money actually goes to those in need.
For the moment the kittens are all right, it’s summer and a few of us neighbors are providing food and water for them.
They wont be so fortunate come winter,it gets extremely cold in the winter, it can get as cold as -40c.
Flesh freezes in less then a minute in exposure.
I can honestly say, I’m less then impressed with the Humane Society, I will never give money to them ever again. I really question where all the money goes. Marketing firms maybe? It seems the welfare of animals is not their current priory,  a a fancy building and good P.R. is seems to be much more important.



House.


Garage where they live, boards are to protect them from back alley traffic.



Food and water we provide, shelter to keep the food dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment